— CONDITIONS —
What Conditions Are Treatable
With Medical Marijuana in Louisiana?
As of August 1st, 2020, physicians can now recommend Medical Cannabis for any condition that they consider debilitating to their patient.
In 2008, legislation was passed allowing physicians to recommend (prescribe) medical marijuana to certain conditions. In 2015, additional conditions were added during the legislative sessions. Prior to August 1, 2020, patients with the following debilitating conditions were able to receive a recommendation for medical cannabis.
Click Here for Conditions
- *Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Chronic Intractable Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Epilepsy / Seizure Disorders
- HIV / AIDS
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Spasticity / Severe Muscle Spasms
- Wasting Syndrome / Cachexia
*There are four conditions or behaviors associated with autism spectrum disorder to be considered an eligible condition:
- repetitive or self-stimulatory behavior of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized;
- avoidance of others or inability to communicate of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized;
- self-injuring behavior; and
- physically aggressive or destructive behavior.
1410 Kings Highway, Suite A
Shreveport, LA 71103-4227
Monday – Friday: 9am to 5pm